When the air escapes ... drop it in ....
At All Coast we can do all tyre repairs – From Wheelbarrow, 4WD, Tractors and Earthmovers.
The repair of passenger & 4WD tyres in Australia is governed by the Australian Standard AS 1973:1993. For maximum safety on road it is important for effective and reliable tyre repairs that are performed in accordance to the Australia standard.
The most common damage to tyres is without a doubt tread puncture.
Injuries to tyres can be classified into major and minor repairs. Minor repairs consist of damage limited to rubber only or tread punctures. These types of tyre damage can be repaired using minor repair methodology as per the Australian Standard.
Where tyre damage exceeds the standard limits, then damage will be classified as major damage requiring a different repair methodology to be applied.
Some good guidelines to repair:
• Tyre’s must be removed from the rim and inspected inside prior
• Never repair a tyre that is outside the limits of repair detailed in the Australian Standard
• Punctures, classified as a minor damage are only located in the tread area, any puncture or protrusion injury into sidewall or shoulder cannot be classified as minor and may not be repaired.
• Technicians should be trained and competent in identifying damage and repair methods that meet the Australian Standard and in accordance to the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Tyre repair material used must not be beyond expiry date, consist of matching components and attention should be paid to the proven quality of the products.
Source: Motor Trade Association SA
Come in to see us at All Coast Tyre solutions Yandina or Maroochydore for all your tyre needs.